PRICE SHOWN INCLUDES A $55.00 SHIPPING SURCHARGE.
Airplane designer Richard VanGrunsven has dominated
the homebuilt airplane hobby for the past 40+ years. His
series of all-alluminum low-wing “RV” airplanes provide
pilots with the level of flight performance and good looks
that they want.
Since 1973 Van’s Aircraft has sold over 18,000 kits and
plans, with over 8,000 airplanes completed and and flying
in 45 countries. In the U.S. alone the number of RVs
completed each year exceeds the combined production of all
commercial general aviation companies. The RV-8 is Van’s
latest design that features tandem centerline seating, for those
fighter pilot types who like to sit in the middle. Like all RVs,
the RV-8 climbs well, lands slow, and goes fast.
Seagull Models has made a 20cc size RV-8 that inherits all
of the great flying qualities of the full-scale airplane. Responsive,
agile, and capable of all the basic aerobatic maneuvers. The
airframe is conventionally built using balsa and plywood,
with a well engineered laser-cut design that allows the airplane
to be kept light. The UltraCote® covering, plus beautifully
molded and painted fiberglass cowl and wheel pants add to its
A wonderful airplane for everyday sport aerobatic flying. SPECIFICATIONS: Wing Span 70.9 in. 1800 mm Wing Area 992 sq. in. 64 dm2 Fuselage Length 58 in. 1473 mm Flying Weight
11 lbs. 5 kg Power Options 20 cc Gas
.91 cu. in. Glow
Electric Motor 1700-2000 watt;
(i.e. Power 90-110)
Radio Req. 6-Channel with 8
- A classic balsa and plywood ARF (Almost-Ready-To-Fly)
- All major components are factory built and finished
- Modern construction using CAD design and laser-cut parts
- Excellent scale appearance
- Outstanding flight performance
- Operational flaps
- 2-piece plug-in wing for easy transport
- Strong aluminum wing joiner tube
- Dual elevator servos for precision aerobatic flight trimming
- Authentic color scheme of RV-8 N9699D “Diamond Di”
- Covered in genuine UltraCote®
- Detailed cockpit with hand painted pilot
- Painted fiberglass cowling and wheel pants
- Complete hardware pack
Click the link below to download the Instruction Manual in a new window. $371.82
Premium Laser Cut Kit
Designed By Tom Herr
Wingspan 36.15 In.
Wing Area 242.3 Sq. In.
Weight 14 oz.
Wing Load 8.7 oz / Sq. Ft.
Power Required Himax HC-2808-1160 Motor ( not included)
Battery Required 3 Cell, 1250 mAh LIPO (not included)
Radio Required 4 Channel R/C (mini radio reqd.)
This Outstanding Kit Features:
All Laser Cut Wooden Parts
Tab and Notch construction for quick and accurate assembly
3-D Cad design for precision part fit
2 Full Size Computer drawn plans
Quality hardware pack